
I went to the photo studio today with Leilani all dressed up in a beautiful dress. When we arrived, she began crying uncontrollably as soon as the photographer said “hi mamas”. After trying a few distraction measures, including Yo Gabba Gabba videos with no change in her demeanor, I decided to take her home and try my hand at a portrait; after all, I got a new lens for this purpose. So, home we went and sat on our floor to try and capture a nice picture. Leilani has developed a fondness for choo-choo trains. Not necessarily Thomas the tank engine, but Disney shows like Chuggington and Choo-choo soul. Hallmark has a magic ornament this year that plays the song Home for the Holidays (very appropriate) and the train circles around and through a tunnel. Each time we went to Target, she had to visit the Hallmark shop next door to see (and push the button on) the train ornament. In our family, it is a tradition to get a new ornament each Christmas that represents the interests and activities of the year. I bought the train ornament to celebrate our first anniversary of Leilani’s adoption day and Christmas 2010. We brought the ornament out early and she held the ornament and watched the train go around the track while I was taking the pictures. After a change of clothes, she took her car for a spin and then we put her in the beautiful bougainvillea out front. It was hard to decide which picture was the best; she is such a great subject. My lesson learned, I will not be taking her to a formal studio anytime in the near future.





No comments:
Post a Comment